Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Personality trait test

Reflection of my personality trait test.

Personal trait’s test measures on how capable you are in any aspects. It has also many categories, like intelligence quotient, emotional quotient, and adversity quotient. Those are some of the tests regarding in examining our personality. In taking those tests, you must be honest in order to know the real result of it because if you cheat, it is like you bias your own self. And if you are really honest, you will know your own personality and that is how you develop your self-mastery.
Intelligence quotient is an assessment of your ability to think and reason. It also measures on how intelligent you are. Most of psychologist said that score between 95 to 105 have an average intelligence and in intelligent quotient test, it is very difficult to identify the accurate IQ of a person. IQ test fails to measure things such as manual dexterity, musical talent, and a swerve of other abilities that may lead one to many different successes in life.
Emotional quotient is also an assessment of your magnificent ability to identify, gauge, handle and control the emotions of one's self, of others, and of groups. It is also one of the requirements for the proper development and actualization of our other intellectual abilities. Even though how genius you are, you must learn to distinguish and label your feelings and needs as well as soothe them. Having low emotional intelligence is like an idiot people, the person who has an average emotional intelligence can manage emotion but not totally, unlike the high emotional intelligence, they can manage not only their emotion but they can also handle emotions of others. I accept that I’m weak sometimes in my emotions because my tears will burst out easily when the times that I’m in the middle of sadness but aside from that, still I can handle big problems because I know it is just a challenge in our life that we must overcome.
Adversity quotient is again an assessment on how we carry hardship or misfortune in our life. It can be a small matter like having a final failing grade however it can also be a vast obstruction like seeing your mother died in the front of you that cause great suffering and distress. Every problem in life can be qualified as our adversity nevertheless it is how we look at these obstacles that makes life easier.

Those tests are just a guide. It just measures your capability of any phases of our lives. It also gives some idea on how we plan and deal through our journey. Tests also help of knowing one self. No matter what the result of the test is, we must don’t discourage if it is in a low range like zero to ten, instead we must be happy because we will know already on what personality we have. Maybe in the future, we can develop our weakness, like for example our emotions. We must come up with an experience first before developing once ability like committing mistakes, we realize that we should change the ways that we used during in our journey because by changing some techniques of ours maybe it will bring us to the right path and can handle it already any challenges.
Last August 14, 2010, I took personal trait’s test. It is about twenty-five questions with two choices which is A and B. It examines us on how technopreneur we are. I read carefully on those questions and answer them honestly. The questions are about a possible real situation that we encounter in our daily life and so the choices are what you possibly do of those possible situations. Then later we quickly checked our own papers and as my teacher said, it’s up to us if we will alter our answers or do some sort of cheating and if we will, we won’t develop our self-mastery because cheating is a form of dishonesty. So in order to know the result of the test, I honestly checked my paper. The scoring goes like this, A and B has its destined points, it may be a zero, one, or two, the maximum score is just only two and I got thirty-nine score, at first I thought that the result will be somehow low but when Mr. Randy Gamboa declared the range of our score, I knew that I’m in an average range which means that I am somehow technopreneur. I deeply think to myself and I saw that it is true because I have many business plans.
Well without knowing the result of the test or even without taking it, in my future, I still go for my goal which is building a business. I was encouraged to pursue on that goal because Mr. Randy Gamboa made me realize that we won’t meet our progress in terms of money if we still a worker having a fixed salary and serving a company for the whole time of our life. Just like our neighbour, she is a teacher in a public school and her husband is just a construction worker, even though they are both have their salary, they still can’t afford to buy a computer for their son and daughter. Mr. Gamboa also said “be an employer and not an employee”, what a practical statement! Yes, it is true. What will you gain if you have a fixed salary? Try to reflect on my example and compare it to your income if you are a business man. Did you see the difference? Did you feel the essence between the two which is being an employee and employer? When your fixed salary is already destined to your house expenses like foods, water bills, current bills, internet bills, telephone bills, and etc, can you still buy for your own needs like dress, accessories, gadgets and car? Can you still hang out sometimes with your friends, go to the bars and get drunk knowing that your money is not enough? Can you still meet the expenses for eating in a popular expensive restaurant? And if you have a family already, can you still afford to spend your kids in high standard private school and give the allotted allowance for them? Or can you treat them in the mall? Think deeply about it. While when you are a business man and have a big income, you can buy whatever you want, you can hang out with your friends, you can also go wherever you want. And if family is present, you can treat them every day in an admired luxurious restaurant, you can also afford to spend them in school wherever they want and how costly it is. See? How money is important. It doesn’t mean that you can’t totally live without money but due to vast crisis we should be practical in order to live. Of course to have a business you should start at small, be an employee but not for the whole time of your life and think what the possible business you will put up and save some money for capital of your starting business. You should save funds and make ways that you can have at least small discounts in every purchasing of the component that is needed in the business in order to put aside some cash. And when your savings is not yet enough, you can loan some money in the bank for an additional capital of yours. Liabilities are a big help for an additional assets like equipment or furniture that is needed in your office if there exist or it is also a big help of adding your product. And if you gain already, pay your liability as soon as possible so that it will not grow more. And if soon the business will be popular and admired by costumers, you can now put a branch of your business somewhere else until you occupied the whole place of your country. Then you can now make another business. And if all of that won’t happen and if you will fail, just change the type of your business, maybe it is not the people’s choice due to the trend. Sometimes you should be a risk taker because nothing will happen if you just sit and wait for your luck, you must be active, do some other techniques and ways to be different from others, be practical and be wise.
As for myself, I should develop some abilities of mine because it is not still complete yet, I should undergo some process and even though there is no perfect creature, I must be one of the experienced and learned people. For me, being an intelligent is not the main component to become a successful one someday but being a wise person. Just like Bill Gates who owns the Microsoft, he use his ability of being wise to elevate himself from a simple and natural person, he make some ways to get what he want like buying the software of others and as a result of his work be become the richest man in the whole world before but now his record was broken by another rich person. Being wise, I won’t do same thing with Bill Gates like buying an originality of others, I will make my own innovation which serves as my master piece in my life. Not only being wise, I should develop my emotional ability especially in handling relationship problem because I am weak in that part as of now. And if ever time will come that a big problem may take place just like family problem, I should control my emotions and set it aside when I am on my business so that my career won’t be affected. I should also know how to friendly communicate people around me, unlike Steve Jobs, he doesn’t know on how he will treat them as his workers, instead of loving them, he treat his workers as his slaves which pretty very bad in their part, so his workers don’t respect them anymore. Even his hired president of the Apple Company fired Steve Jobs because of his bad manner. And so from that real story, I learn that even though how successful we are, we must still bow down our head to the people behind from us, we must love people around us, we must also respect them, we must be humble on what we achieved, and we must look back where we came from. And we must not be cruel, we must not let the pride conquer our self. What if adversity will occur? Do I know how to manage them? Do I know also how to solve them? As of in present, sometimes I easily lose hope. I don’t why. I tried my very best but it seems that there is lacking. That’s what I need to develop. I should practise of encountering hardship, failures and misfortune because through that I can learn techniques and ways to overcome with them and so that soon I am already ready to handle those obstacles of mine. I should also turn adversity into a challenge instead of becoming depressed every time that I committed mistakes, a little problem of ours won’t be difficult for us and bigger problem will be easier to deal with it.
In life, before mastering another piece, we must master our self first, we must know who we are not by the outside layer but we must go beyond of it. In self-mastery, our own self will be the priority in life because it is important to know and assess our self during mastering it. Just like a saying “watch yourself in the mirror first before you judge other.” That statement simply means that before we criticize, we must look our self if it is criticisable. Regardless in self-mastery, our self is not always be the priority, sometimes we have to give or prioritize other and that is what we called self-sacrificing. However in self-mastery, our self will the center of our thought, as an alternative, meditation can help us to be acquainted with our identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment